Stay Tuned with the BAF Events!
Be and Intern for the Brazilian Arts Foundation!
General Information About the Internship Program
The Brazilian Arts Foundation internship program strives to develop the community leadership and non-profit management skills of college students by offering a meaningful internship opportunity
- The BAF Internship Program is a non-paid internship that provides the following benefits:
- The internship will have a 6-month duration, with the possibility of turning into a longer term position at the discretion of the President/CEO of the organization.
- Will work with student and their educational institution to arrange college credit for the internship (if desired).
- Will offer the intern the opportunity to take educational classes with the organization free of charge.
- The opportunity to work closely with the President of the organization and learn skills applicable for the student’s future goals.
- The opportunity to immerse oneself in the rich and vibrant culture of Brazil.
Eligible students must:
- Must be of junior or senior status at an institution of higher education in the Houston metro area.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to engage with several aspects of the work within the organization, such as, but not limited to, programming, special events, fundraising, customer service, and development.
- Have a clearly articulated commitment to building inclusiveness and diversity
- Portuguese speaker (a plus but not necessary for the internship)
- Must be able to commit to a minimum 20 hour a week work schedule
How to Apply
Interested applicants must review the guidelines and then respond with the application materials by the deadline.
The materials needed to successfully apply for this internship include: the application form, resume, and a cover letter (that includes a one page essay on why you are interested in an internship with the Brazilian Arts Foundation). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please email your completed application to Mauricio@brazilianarts.org.
Please contact Mauricio Campos, President and CEO at Mauricio@brazilianarts.org or 713-862-3300 with any questions.
Please download application here»